Sunday, November 29, 2009

First Impressions: The Blackberry Bold 9700

So I picked up a Blackberry Bold 9700 to give it a run for its money. I will post a review later in the week but here are some of my first impressions:

  • Looks: The phone is beautiful! It is the sexiest Blackberry I have ever seen and has that WOW factor that people are always looking for. Take one out of your pocket and your friends will be intrigued! The screen is also gorgeous although it is small when coming from a phone like the iPhone or Droid.
  • Feel: The phone I received feels sturdy except for the trackpad. So far I love the feel of the phone in my hand BUT the trackpad definitely is looser than what I would expect. There should obviously be a little play in it but the one I have wobbles a little too much from side to side.
  • The Keyboard: In one word: Amazing! I am a long time user of the iPhone and although I am use to the touchscreen keyboard by now, using the Blackberry keyboard was a relief. I can send messages much faster and I don't really mind typing out a long SMS or e-mail. Go to the store and try one for 15 min; you won't be disappointed!
  • Sound Quality: Now take this with a grain of salt because I use AT&T and I never really have a problem with service but the sound quality definitely improved over previous phones I have used. It seems like I can hear people better and they can hear me better.
Overall, the phone leaves my very impressed. The one thing that will take me a little time to get used to us the Blackberry OS (Simplicity or just plain ugly?) Check back here in a couple of days for my full review on the phone.

No comments:

Post a Comment